Description

Finding balance with food, movement, and community for my (dairy-free) family.

Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

The Simple Roasted Cabbage that My Picky Kids Loved

By happy accident, this roasted cabbage was ready 10 minutes before the rest of our dinner last night.   By the time the rest of the meal was ready, the entire half-a-head we had roasted was eaten, the bowls were picked clean, and my twenty-month-old, three-year-old, and six-year-old had each asked for a second helping.

Roasted Cabbage
1/2 head of cabbage 
1 Tablespoons olive oil (approximately)
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste


Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Grease a baking dish.
Cut cabbage into chunks and arrange in dish.  (I cut it into four pyramids and then separated the top of each pyramid to make a total of 8 chunks.)

Drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping each chunk after 15 minutes.
Serve, adding salt and pepper as desired.


All my favorite bloggers have been talking about roasting veggies lately.  It's not a preparation method I've used much, but I'm getting on board quickly.  It's simple, delicious, versatile and a great fit for the hardy vegetables I associate with winter. 

My thanks to cleaneatingchelsy for inspiring me to try this cooking technique with cabbage.


Check out these other roasted vegetable recipes:
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
Garlic Roasted Cauliflower

This post was shared at Simple Life Thursday hosted by GNOWFLGLINS.   

No comments:

Post a Comment