The light sweetness of the maple syrup works nicely with the natural sweetness of the potatoes.
Maple Pecan Sweet Potatoes2 lbs sweet potatoes
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
2 Tablespoons pecans, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes (3/4 inch cubes).
- Place sweet potatoes in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and sprinkle over the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, until potatoes are tender.
- Remove lid; let rest 10 minutes; then gently stir to coat potatoes evenly (the goodies tend to sink to the bottom of the crock pot).
This recipe is a huge hit with my kids--and even my husband who, accustomed to sweet potatoes drowning in brown sugar and smothered in marshmallows, doesn't have much use for this vegetable. Making these in a slow-cooker is great for holiday dinners as it means one less dish competing for attention and oven space.
This post was shared at Friday Food Flicks.